Irish Fungal Society 2019 meeting:
At the Irish Fungal Society 2018 AGM, the members agreed to establish a new travel grand to be named in memory of Prof. Ken Haynes, who sadly passed away March 2018
The award will support early career researchers to attend an international meeting. The value of the award will be up to €500 to support expenses incurred (e.g. registration and travel) to attend such meeting. Up to two awards will be made per annum, depending on the society’s finances.
Applicants must pass the following criteria:
- Must be a Post-doc or PhD student engaged in mycological research
- Have attended at least one IFS meeting
- Priority will be given to those who have presented or contributed to a previous IFS meeting
- Have an abstract accepted for presentation in the said meeting (applications can be made with acceptance still pending).
To apply, the applicant must:
- Provide the names and dates of the meeting to be attended.
- Submit the abstract to be presented at the meeting.
- Submit a short statement about the importance of the meeting to their career.
- Deadline 31st January for meetings scheduled for that particular year ie 31st January
2020 for meetings scheduled for 2020.
Applicants will be asked to submit a short meeting report for publication on the IFS website
after the meeting as well as proof of payments (invoice or receipts).